phetish: (In The Rain)
[personal profile] phetish
Toys R Us is hosting a massive clearance event.
If you don't have a child to use as a beard, you should still go. The sale is so good that I'm wondering if Toys R Us is in trouble.

Of course, Max didn't want any of the clearance toys.
He wanted the "cooler version" of what he sees at his pediatrician's office - a Toddler Companion Cube.

Note, this is actually the voice of the box:


As an anime fan, I can attest to the fact that there are too many great unemployed voice actors for this to be a problem. :D

Date: 2013-07-15 07:48 pm (UTC)
ext_15915: (Black Magic Like Lego (borrowed))
From: [identity profile] wiredwizard.livejournal.com
If T'R'U is having a sale, my friend will be there to snag as many LEGO sets as his credit card can manage while I thank Cthulhu & any other higher being listening that I stopped collecting... I just can't afford it any more. =(

Date: 2013-07-21 01:52 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flameamongcoals.livejournal.com
Haha. I couldn't either. The kid is the beard. We all go through that phase where we collect mass amounts of...what should I lump them as - plastic? And then we're tripping over them so we trim ourselves back. Then, when we have kids, we start collecting all over again...

...and as I'm writing this to you, Max is walking to and from the garbage can, throwing old toys away.

The geek in me already wants to shout, "No, don't! That'll be worth money someday!"

Date: 2013-07-21 04:09 pm (UTC)
ext_15915: (Lego can do anything)
From: [identity profile] wiredwizard.livejournal.com
I haven't got a kid so no luck there. As for my friend, he can't really use his daughters for that - they're more into My Little Ponies & Webkins than LEGO, much to his chagrin. I'm still paying off the last thing I got, the LEGO model of The Black Pearl (which sits up on top of my printers swarmed over by minifigs from ass't pirate & POTC sets) about $10 at a time. =( I picked a lousy time to stop collecting to w/ all the new Marvel & DC Superheroes sets they put out. =sighs=

Do what my mother did when I threw out toys as a kid - wait until he's out of the room, fish 'em out & put 'em in a box for later. =)

Some of the toys I had as a kid would be collectible now... if they were in better condition. =shrugs= For now they sit in Rubbermaid bins in storage, one for stuffed animals, one for other stuff. =looks around= There's no room for much more in here.

toys

Date: 2013-07-15 08:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] erisreg.livejournal.com
a friends kid "helped"(3yo) me put up book shelves one day, she became enraptured with the cordless drill,just so i could take my good one home i gave her an old smaller one,

mom isn't too happy about how many things in her house has screws.

Re: toys

Date: 2013-07-21 01:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] flameamongcoals.livejournal.com
Oh god, I'm waiting for the "Little Boy's Tool Kit" phase. Or maybe he'll want an E-Z Bake. Either way, you don't really get off easy.

Kids, pets, houseplants...I wish everything came into our lives fully grown. :D

Profile

phetish: (Default)
phetish

December 2016

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18 19 20 21 2223 24
252627282930 31

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 30th, 2026 04:28 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios